How to be a Genius Marketer With No Training and Zero Investment
Do you want your clients and customers to feel like you’re reading their minds?
Do you want to eliminate any hesitation in prospects hiring you or purchasing your products?
Do you want to have leads pouring onto your site, signing up for your list and waiting in line for your next launch?
You May be Wasting Time and Money
You could spend a lot of money learning about social media marketing, hiring a team or interns, purchasing the best tools and platforms… You could even hire an SEO (Search Engine Optimization) whiz to spruce up your site’s content and Google ranking. You could spend money on Facebook ads, even ads on large websites with high traffic… but it you don’t have a clear picture of who SPECIFICALLY you’re talking to, none of this will matter!
You’ll be spending a lot of money or investing a large amount of time with only minimal results.
You don’t need to have training or invest money to become a genius marketer. You simply need to understand who your ideal customer is. Not just define them by marital status, age, gender, race or income, but truly, deeply KNOW THEM.
Three Steps to Becoming a Genius Marketer
1) Paint a Picture of Your Ideal Client
Start by exploring the demographics and psychographics of your ideal customer. It’s important to GET SPECIFIC. Everyone is NOT your market, and it doesn’t matter what your product or service is. Sure, it may have benefits that everyone could use, but if you can’t get CLEAR on WHO EXACTLY you’re product or service is best targeted to, then you’re going to have a message that falls short. Narrow down as much as you can!
- Are they male or female? A minority?
- How much money do they make? What is their profession?
- Where do they live? Do they rent or own?
- How old are they?
- Are they married? With Children? Pets?
- What are their values and beliefs?
- Are they educated? How far along?
- Are they religious?
- What are their hobbies? Favorite pastimes?
- What are their favorite movies and books?
2) Get Clear on the Problem You’re Solving
What exactly is your ideal customer experiencing? What is the result or outcome they’re looking to achieve by working with you or purchasing your product? It’s important to realize that your customers don’t care how you solve their problem, only that you solve it for them in the way they desire at the pace that works for them. The only way to know their perfect solution is to ASK THEM.
Try to round up as many ideal customers as you can to dive deep into the issue they’re experiencing that you’re going to solve. You may have to reach out to your current customer base or put out a request to friends, family and social media connections. Offer them a discount, a complimentary session or another goodie if you have to, but get them on the phone and pick their brain!
- What exactly is their problem and what is THEIR experience with it?
- What hesitations or fears are they experiencing around getting it solved?
- What is the ideal solution for them? How long would it take? What would it cost?
- What is the best way to deliver this solution to them?
- Would they like any follow-up? Extra services or products included?
- How would they like to see your offering improved or changed?
3) Implement Based on Your New Found Knowledge
Now that you have a clear picture of who you’re marketing to and what the specific problem that you’re solving is, make adjustments to your marketing strategy, website copy and even your graphics, as needed.
Genuis marketing tip: utilize the exact verbiage from the ideal customers you interviewed in your marketing copy. It’s gold, and using it word-for-word allows you to make a deep connection, leading to more sales and subscribers!
Take Action Now!
Leave a comment below sharing any insights, “aha” moments or tips and tricks you use!